|Date||Sep 27, 2023 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Sponsor||JPMorgan Chase & Co.|
- Registration and Lunch: 12pm-1pm EST
- Session # 1: 1pm - 2pm EST
- Speaker: David Barbee, Managing Director & Head of Business Development, Middle Market Financial Sponsors Group – JPMorgan Chase & Co and Ajit George, Executive Director, JPMorgan Private Bank Advice Lab – JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Topic: Business Transitions for Privately Held Companies
- Session Description: Owners of every successful privately held company eventually must decide on a business transition – either retain the business (i.e., transfer ownership to the next generation), or monetize it (options include a sale to a private equity firm or strategic buyer). In this session, we will provide an overview of the middle-market transaction environment (touching M&A and credit markets, and financial sponsor activity), key long-term objectives and challenges facing a private business owner, ownership transition options, the M&A process, and more.
- Session # 2: 2:15pm - 3:15pm EST
- Speaker: Alec Grant, Managing Director & Head of Client Fraud Prevention, JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Topic: Cybersecurity and Fraud Prevention
- Session Description: A review of the latest trends and examples of fraud schemes including cyber-attacks and ransomware, what to do if and when your company becomes the target of an attack, and best practices for companies to protect themselves.
- Session # 3: 3:30pm - 4:30pm EST
- Speaker: Marco Villegas, Vice President, Global Philanthropy – JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Dominic Robinson, Senior Vice President of Inclusive Growth – CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity
- Topic: New Direction for I90 Corridor: Building a Competitive and Equitable Business Ecosystem
- Session Description: It’s important that decision makers and influencers within their organizations have a key understanding of their company’s ESG policy, their ESG investment plans, and the impact of those investments in the region. In this session, JPMorgan will moderate a panel of speakers that will include Dominic Robinson from CenterState CEO, as well as individuals from the Rochester Community Foundation and the Buffalo Community Foundation to expand on persistent gaps in the small business ecosystem, collaboration opportunities across the region, and the tech hub application and implications for the region.
As a highlighted example, CenterState CEO solidified and activated a regional partnership across public and private sector to create conditions for new business growth, with a focus on developing economic opportunities in growing sectors. Their collaboration ultimately contributed to Micron’s $100 billion commitment to the region.
Along with state government, community foundations, and private sector, CenterState CEO has been working on an application for up to $75 million in Federal grants for tech hubs across the region and have been working closely with Micron on building out the inclusive supplier network across the region.
- Reception: 4:30pm - 6:00pm EST
***Extra: Immaginé Photography will be onsite offering complimentary executive headshots to AFPWNY members.***
Parking Information: Parking at ArtisanWorks is in the Yellow Elephant Parking Lot across Blossom Road (see attached map for details)