CTP and FP&A Exam Scholarship
The primary objective of the Association for Financial Professionals of Western New York is to promote education, communication and enhanced recognition of the treasury management, financial planning and analysis as well as the finance professions. In support of this goal, the Association for Financial Professionals of Western New York has established a scholarship program to assist Members who are preparing for the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or the Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional (FP&A) Exam. The scholarship is available each fiscal year to qualified candidates. The scholarship has been established to be funded each fiscal year in the amount of $1,000.00 to:
- Provide assistance towards preparing for the exam though AFP Learning Systems or other qualified preparatory education systems or programs geared towards preparing the student to successfully sit for the Exam and achieve CTP or the FP&A certification and/or
- Cover the AFP cost to sit for the CTP or the FP&A certification exam.
With this scholarship, AFPWNY has taken another step towards recognizing that earning the CTP and/or the FP&A designation as valuable professional achievements, denoting the standard of excellence in treasury and financial planning and analysis.
It is AFPWNY's intent that the scholarship be awarded according to the following criteria:
- Active Member of AFPWNY.
- Commitment to sit for the Exam within a twelve (12) month period upon receipt of the scholarship (The CTP Exam is offered bi-annually in the December/January and June/July timeframes - the next CTP Exams are offered December 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023 and June 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023; The FP&A Exam is offered bi-annually in the August/September and February/March timeframes - the next FP&A Exams are offered February 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023 and August 1, 2023 - September 30, 2023).
- There will be a random scholarship drawing each year at the September meeting, or other date, as determined by the Board of Directors. For those interested in being considered for the drawing, please e-mail email@example.com with the Subject of the email: CTP/FP&A Scholarship no later than the date posted on the website and also sent in a notice to the Members. AFPWNY CTP or FP&A Scholarship Application Form
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship recipient will be notified via E-mail, if they were not in attendance at the time of the drawing, and their name will be posted on The AFPWNY website. Recipient must sit for the exam within twelve (12) months of initially receiving the scholarship.
- This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship. The scholarship will be paid to the recipient as a reimbursement of actual and verifiable expenses that that person made or to their employer, if the employer made the payments. The Exam Registration fees will not be reimbursed if the recipient does not pass the exam. If the first attempt fails, the recipient must retake the exam within twelve (12) months and pass it to be eligible for reimbursement of costs to register and take both exams. If the second attempt is also unsuccessful, no costs to register and take either exam will be reimbursed.
- Other reasonable fees required to prepare for the exam are eligible for reimbursement under this scholarship program. Fees incurred should tie directly and specifically to CTP or the FP&A certification. Course training and development should reflect materials authorized by AFP and based on the current CTP Body of Knowledge contained in the Essentials of Treasury Management (Current) Edition and the AFP Learning System-Treasury or equivalent coursework or online curriculum. Exam preparation costs are immediately eligible for payment up to a maximum of $800.00. The balance of $200.00 ($1,000.00 - $800.00) is available to reimburse scholarship recipient for costs incurred to register and successfully pass the exam.
- Any travel and lodging expenses that may be incurred on the part of the recipient that: 1) exceed the twelve (12) month period; or 2) exceed the $1,000.00 award amount; shall be the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Scholarships must be used by the named recipient with a commitment to sit for the exam, within twelve (12) months of receipt, and may not be transferred to third parties for any reason. The CTP Exam is offered bi-annually in the December/January and June/July time frames - the next CTP Exams are offered December 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023 and June 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023; The FP&A Exam is offered bi-annually in the August/September and February/March timeframes - the next FP&A Exams are offered February 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023 and August 1, 2023 - September 30, 2023.
- All decisions regarding the awarding of scholarships are at the sole discretion of the AFPWNY.
- One scholarship will be awarded per fiscal year. Applications will only be considered for a period of six (6) months. Applicants not awarded a scholarship within that time period must re-apply.
For those interested in being considered for the drawing, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject of the E-mail: CTP/FP&A Scholarship. Please attach the AFPWNY CTP or FP&A Scholarship Application Form.
Drawing for the Scholarship
Fiscal 2022 - 2023 - September 28, 2022
Deadline to submit AFPWNY CTP or FP&A Scholarship Application – September 21, 2022
Previous Scholarship Winners
Fiscal 2021 - 2022 - N/A, No Entrants
Fiscal 2020 - 2021 - N/A, No Entrants
Fiscal 2019 - 2020 - N/A, No Entrants
Fiscal 2018 - 2019 - N/A, No Entrants
Fiscal 2017 - 2018 - N/A, No Entrants
Fiscal 2016 - 2017 - N/A, No Entrants
Fiscal 2015 - 2016 - April Anderson, University of Rochester
Fiscal 2014 - 2015 - Sarah Fox, Constellation Brands
Fiscal 2013 - 2014 - Josh Kaplan, Paychex